How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Recipe type: Vegan, Paleo, Vegetarian, Low Carb
Cuisine: Side Dish
Serves: 5-7 servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower (rinsed)
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter or virgin olive oil
- handful of chopped onion
- Salt and/or pepper to taste
- Prep Cauliflower by removing the leaves and stem. Cut the head into quarters and rinse. Place on paper towel and pat dry.
- Cut the quarters into florets the throw the rest away.
- Place the florets into your food processor and "pulse to chop" until the rice reaches your desired size. Remove any large pieces and chop them as well
- In a medium sized skillet, add olive oil or butter and the onion and heat at the medium setting for one or two minutes.
- Add 1 to 1½ cups of cauliflower rice to the skillet. Cook for 5-9 minutes depending on how tender you want the rice to be. Stir while cooking and taste to find the desired tenderness.
- Remove from the skillet on to the plate. Season to your liking with salt and pepper and serve.
- Put the rest of the rice in sandwich bags, one portion per bag, and freeze.
Recipe by Black Weight Loss Success at https://www.blackweightlosssuccess.com/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/