Eat Clean for 21 Days and Lose to Win with our Nov DietBet Weight Loss Pool – There are about 10 weeks left before 2016, and we are going to make sure that we get our eating habits together before year end. This November, we are going to commit to clean eating and refining our eating habits. We will not be sidetracked by holiday eating.
Will we have some holiday treats and indulge with moderation in fatty, sugary or savory delicious foods before the end of the year? Sure, that is likely to happen. However, we are going to counter those cheat meals with lots of clean eating and focus on learning what calorie and nutrient goals work for us.
What we eat is 70 to 80% of the equation, but ultimately it’s not just about weight loss or building muscle. It’s about our long term wellness goals and building a healthy lifestyle that we can maintain for the long haul. Give clean eating a try for just 21 days starting on Nov 7th! #BWLWNov
- Updated 11/9 – Resources and Recipes for Week 1
- Updated 11/17 – Resources and Recipes for Week 2
- Updated 11/24 – Resources and Recipes for Week 3
Clean Eating Ebook:
Looking for a clear, straightforward guide to help you navigate clean eating? Check out our ebook, “Clean Eating for Wellness and Weight Loss“. It includes recipes and meal ideas too. Download your copy today for just $7.99.
How do you join the challenge? Sign up by leaving a comment below. Let us know what your weight loss and wellness goals are for November. Details below on how to sign up for the month’s DietBet.
Goals for November!
- Cook or prepare at least 1 meal at home each day. The goal is to cook more meals for yourself. Feel free to prep and cook as many meals as you can, but 1 per day will be the minimum.
- Eat 4-5 times per day – 3 meals and 2 snacks is a great way to split your meals up. Don’t let more than 3 hours pass between meals. Eat every 2-3 hours if you can.
- Stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- No fast food, junk food or foods high in processed sugar.
- Look up the calorie, carb, fat and protein counts for what you eat before you eat it.
- Be mindful of chemicals, preservatives, dyes and other additives in the foods you eat. Read labels and do your research.
- Avoid sugary drinks or soda. This includes artificial sugars in diet drinks, like Crystal Light and Diet Coke.
- Eat ANY fresh fruits or veggies that you like (fresh or frozen). Eat as much as you want. Use fruit to combat fruit cravings. (Note: Limit your intake of dried fruit as they are often dried with sugar and sulfur).
- Consider cutting back on carbs. Consider limiting your carbs to around 30% of your food intake or go low carb if that works for you.
- Use Moderation and Portion Control. If you do indulge in processed food, fast food, junk food, etc…do it in moderation and eat reasonable portions.
What is clean eating?
When you eat clean you will be eating unprocessed, whole foods that are prepared or cooked in ways that don’t add extra chemicals and toxins. We are talking about fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, lean meats, meat substitutes like tofu, soy, whole grains, lots of water, healthy dairy and fresh juice. We will avoid fried food, fast food, junk food, bleached white flour, artificial ingredients, soda, commercial juice and sugary drinks, processed sugar (white sugar, corn syrup), and foods with preservatives, toxins, dyes, saturated fat, and trans fat. You will likely be cooking at lot of food at home, making green smoothies, eating salads, eating healthy snacks, and really realizing just how healthy you’ve really been eating. It’s not about perfection…it’s about making healthy choices.
Photo Accountability – Post photos of your meals, meal prep photos, workout photos and inspirational quotes on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #BWLWNov
TIP for Success: Decide on a daily calorie goal and daily goals for carbs, fat and protein. How do you decide on how much food to eat? Use an online weight loss calculator to help you decide on the numbers that work for you. Here are some helpful calculators: www.webmd.com, www.myfitnesspal.com or www.freedieting.com. I’ve also included some general guidelines below that you can use as a starting point. Please keep in mind that you have to do your own research and work figure out what works for your needs. Someone with blood sugar issues is not going to eat a high carb diet. Someone with pancreas or gallbladder issues can’t just pick numbers without considering how much fat they will be eating. There is no “one size fits all” plan. Here is some additional guidance.
- Protein has 4 calories per gram – .7 to 1 gram per pound of bodyweight
- Carbohydrates have 4 calories per gram – .7 to .9 gram per pound of bodyweight
- Fat has 9 calories per gram – .4 to .5 gram per pound of bodyweight
- You can also break down your calories by percentage. For example, 30% carbs, 40% protein and 30% fats.
Join our November DietBet Weight Loss Pool!
Lose 4% of your weight in 28 days and split the pot with other participants who’ve done the same. Bonus Stakes: We will give away three $30 Amazon gift cards to 3 DietBet participants chosen at random. Get the full details. Weigh-in Nov 6-8th – $30 Bet
What is a DietBet? – DietBet is the social dieting game that lets you win money while losing weight together. You’ve got 4 weeks to lose 4% of your starting weight. To begin, everyone puts money into the pot and each person weighs-in via photos that include a secret word that you don’t have access to until 48 hours before the start of the contest (this keeps people from submitting old or altered photos). After four weeks, whoever’s hit their 4% goal is a winner and splits the pot with the winners.