Eat Clean for 31 Days and Lose to Win with our DietBet Weight Loss Pool – January is the time when we commit to new years resolutions and get started with our 2015 goals. One of the major goals that millions of people set for themselves is losing weight. This month we are going to commit to eating clean because what you eat makes up 70 – 80% of the weight loss equation. You can’t out exercise terrible eating habits because it’s not just about weight loss or building muscle…it’s about your long term health and building a lifestyle you can maintain for the long haul. #BWLWJan
Clean Eating Goals for January!
- Keep meals simple and ingredients to a minimum. The more simple the meals, the easier it will be for you to stay on track.
- Cook or prepare at least 1 meal at home each day. The goal is to control what you eat.
- Avoid foods that are highly processed, full of preservatives (to keep them fresh on a shelf), or colored with dyes.
- Don’t buy junk! If you don’t buy it, you will be less likely to eat it.
- Eat 4-5 meals per day – 3 meals and 2 snacks is a great way to split these meals up. Your goal is to not go more than 3 hours between meals/snacks.
- Stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime, 3 hours if you can.
- No fast food or candy. If you have to eat in restaurants, read the menu and seek out whole food options like salads, lean meats and veggies that aren’t cooked in butter and covered in salt.
- No sugary drinks or soda. This includes artificial sugars in diet drinks like Crystal Light and Diet Coke.
- You can eat ANY fresh fruits or veggies you like (fresh or frozen). Don’t worry about carbs from these whole and healthy foods.
How do you join us? Sign Up by leaving a comment below. Let us know what your weight loss and wellness goals are for 2015.
Other ways to participate….
- Join our January DietBet and weigh-in by January 5th
- Photo Accountability – Post photos of your meals, meal prep photos, workout photos and inspirational quotes on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #BWLWJan
- Make sure that you are on our email list so that you receive this month’s tips and are eligible for any giveaways. Click here to sign up for our list.
Bonus!! Join our DietBet Weight Loss Pool – Join us at www.dietbet.com/bwlw
What is DietBet? – DietBet is the social dieting game that lets you win money while losing weight together.
- Bet $35
- Lose 4% in 28 Days
- Split The Pot
- Weigh-in via photo January 3-4, 2014
You’ve got 4 weeks to lose 4% of your starting weight. To begin, everyone puts money into the pot and each person weighs-in via photos that include a secret word that you don’t have access to until 48 hours before the start of the contest (this keeps people from submitting old or altered photos). After four weeks, whoever’s hit their 4% goal is a winner and splits the pot with the winners. More Information
What is clean eating?
When you eat clean you will be eating unprocessed, whole foods that are prepared or cooked in ways that don’t add extra chemicals and toxins. We are talking about fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, lean meats, meat substitutes like tofu, soy, whole grains, lots of water, healthy dairy and fresh juice. We will avoid fried food, fast food, junk food, bleached white flour, artificial ingredients, soda, commercial juice and sugary drinks, processed sugar (white sugar, corn syrup), and foods with preservatives, toxins, dyes, saturated fat, and trans fat. You will likely be cooking at lot of food at home, making green smoothies, eating salads, looking for healthy snacks, and really realizing just how healthy you’ve really been eating.
What can you eat?
Have no fear! We’ve got a Clean Eating Foods List to guide you.
How do you know that you are eating enough food? – Visit My Fitness Pal and If It Fits Your Macros to get an idea of how many calories you need to eat per day. If you are doing light to moderate exercise, you’ll likely eating 1300 to 1650 calories per day. If you are doing a lot of exercise or have a substantial amount of weight to lose (60 pounds or more), you may start out at 1400 – 1900 calories. Each person’s needs are different. YOU have to do the work to find a way of eating that works for you.
Clean Eating Resources for this Challenge
You can also incorporate our 14 Day Smoothie Cleanse into this challenge because all of the recipes are clean. That is a great way to jumpstart your efforts for 2015.
Need more info? I’ve created a downloadable e-book guide to help you navigate clean eating, “Clean Eating for Wellness and Weight Loss“. Get your copy today for just $6.00. It’s also available on Amazon.
Clean Eating Meal Plan Week 1