July 2013 we are going Meatless and committing to exercising 5 days per week with NO excuses! I wanted to give you a heads up today with more details to follow on Wednesday. We are also doing a giveaway in July so you’ll want to sign up for that too.
Going Meatless – This month’s eating challenge is to stop eating meat for at least 2 weeks during the month of July. We will be embracing juicing, green smoothies, vegetarianism and veganism. I will share tips, resources and recipes with you all month. Also, we want to let you know about a great 28 Day Juicing Detox program that our friend Carla Douglin of Raw Raw Life has created for those of you who want to try juicing but want detailed help. This is a plan for those who want a serious body reset and are willing to commit for 28 days.
What do we mean by meatless? – During July, we will stop eating meat (animal flesh) and try vegan or vegetarian meals, green smoothies and fresh juices. However, you can define meatless for YOURSELF! For some, you may be a pescatarian…that means you still eat fish. You could be a Ovotarian, a vegetarian who eats eggs. You could also be a lacto-ovotarian who eats dairy and eggs but no meat.
Don’t think you can do a a whole 31 days? It’s up to you how far you want to go with being meatless. In the end, we want you to be able to commit for at least 2 weeks to eating this way. If you want to take it to the limit, you should consider doing the full 31 days. As with all of our challenges, you can change it to fit your needs. In the end, we want you to embrace healthy habits.
I suggest that you check out the following books on going vegetarian if you want detailed guidance:
- Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Revised Edition
- By Any Greens Necessary: A Revolutionary Guide for Black Women Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy, Lose Weight, and Look Phat
- Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health
No Exercise Excuses – I’ve put together a exercise plan for you this month that is simple and effective. You will be able to download it on Wednesday! I’m only asking you to workout for 5 days per week, Ladies!! That means 2 rest days per week. You can do more if you like, of course. Let’s get it in.
Have you been wanting to try juicing? Have you been considering a juice fast for detoxing and weight loss? African-American Juicing Diva Carla Douglin of created Juice28! to make it easy for you to shed pounds and kick off a new healthy lifestyle! She included all of her best tips, tricks, techniques, and tools in one place. EVERYTHING’s included!
- A 7-day transition menu to prepare your mind AND body for the fast.
- 28 days of easy shopping lists and delicious juice recipes. She’s even got them grouped into 4-day increments so it feels more manageable.
- The FULL text from her “How to Break a Juice Fast” eBook so you’re smart about your transition back to solid foods. This is something that is RARELY included in other programs I see out there…and it’s CRITICAL to having you feel healthy AND good during this phase.
- Answers to your most-asked questions and tips to overcome what gets in the way of your success.
- …AND MORE!
What do you have to do to join the challenge? – There is no sign up required, but we are going to ask you to post you intention to your Facebook page, Twitter feed, Instagram feed…etc. We want you to tell the world that you are committed to taking on healthy habits in July. As always, we want you to check in with us on Facebook or our online community during the month (on weekends) and let us know how you are doing.