Article Updated in Oct 2020
We took to social media to find out what sports bras the Black Women Losing Weight community would recommend for ladies with large busts. It can be very difficult and expensive to find the right sports bras via trial and error, especially with online shopping. The ladies who answered our call had some great info to share about their favorite sports bra brands. Check out their feedback.
This company invented the sports bra and they’ve been around since 1921. They have a lot of experience making great bras. Their cup sizes go from A to J. “The year was 1975, and the world was tennis crazy as 20 year-old Chris Evert had already won the US Open, the French Open, and Wimbledon. In this year, Glamorise introduced the world’s first sports-specific bra: the Tennis Bra by Glamorise.” Check out their designs
- “Glamorise is great for those with a heavier bust line. Got mine 2 weeks ago and love it! It was a love/hate relationship at first, because there is little give to this bra and I am used to my bras giving up altogether. Getting a few more in the weeks to come!” – Yvette M.
- “I like it and it truly is a ‘no bounce’ bra. I like the fit and feel of it. This is my first time buying this type of bra.” – Anita S.
- “I just looked to see what kind I had on and it’s Glamorise! No spillage. I love it – Merica C.
- This bra is AMAZING. I have it and it’s affordable.” – Dea E.
- “When I work out or run the girls be nice and secured.” – Niecey J.
- “Glamorise gives me full support and I definitely feel comfortable while exercising.” – Oneika C.
- “This is my go to bra. I like the coverage and I need it. I have tried every other bra, even some of the most expensive custom made ones which felt like I was wearing a harness.” – Gaynor
- “I love this bra! I own over 6 of them.” – Renaysa
This is a newer sports bra company, founded in 2010. For the last 2-3 years, everytime someone asks about a sports bra for women with large breasts in our Facebook Group, the number one pick has been SheFit. Check out their bras.
- “SheFit bras are the best. I have 5-6 of them” – Sasha
- “I’m a G cup and Shefit works well for me.” – Carmel
- “SheFit has the best high impact bras!!” – Sweetarita
- “SheFit is the BEST!!” – Natasha
- “SheFit makes a great product. Comfortable and adjustable. A little pricy but well worth it.” – Sakinah
- “SheFit hands down!!! I started off at a 42DD and the girls didn’t move during my runs or HITT workouts.” – @jrny2snatched
- “SheFit bras. As a 38DDD, they have allowed me to jog and do jumping jacks without worrying the girls will hit me on the chin.” – @cocoaswann
View this post on Instagram
“Big has always been part of ENELL founder Renelle Braaten’s life. As an avid volleyball player, Renelle was forced to double-up on bras during her workouts. Frustrated with the lack of support (literally and figuratively) in the market, Renelle put her entrepreneurial spirit to work and recruited the one person she knew would understand and help—her mom. A talented seamstress, Renee’s mom went to work constructing a bra built to SUPPORT, STABILIZE and SECURE.” Check out some of their bras.
- “The best sports bra is Enell. It gives excellent support to your back and chest. To some people, it’s costly but it’s worth every penny.” – La K.
- “Enelle bras are the best for support, if you are well endowed with a small body frame. The price is on the high end, but well worth it… especially if you are doing any high impact workouts.” – Medina C.
- “I love Enell. Well worth the cost. I’m large & heavy chested. I’m a 38J. It does the job for kickboxing, burpees and more. Minimal bounce!” – Dhamana T.
- “For absolutely no bounce and the feel of complete and utter lockdown, choose Enell.” – Angela M
- “For chicks with big boobs, nothing beats Enell bras.” – Ebony A.
Moving Comfort is now part of the Brooks brand. These bras come in cup sizes A to G. “Women experience running a little differently. And at Brooks, every sports bra is engineered to support the unique needs and preferences of women everywhere. We are the #1 sports bra brand with runners—ensuring every woman is free to move with confidence.” Check out their designs.
- “I love Brooks Running (formally Moving Comfort) bras. Fiona is my favorite.” – Veronica H.
- “I love Moving Comfort sports bras the best! It’s a little expensive, but I searched around and was able to find one on sale for $19. I do a lot of high intensity workouts and it holds me in very well. I’m a 36 DD.” – Cherise C.
- “I love Moving Comfort. They are AMAZING and I own several of them. Perfect for big breasted women like me.” – Naomi H.
“A family run, award winning British lingerie brand, campaigning to promote inspirational role models to women worldwide.” This brand celebrates positive body image, women of all ages and women with curves, which is reflected in their model choices. They have cup sizes B to J. Check out more of their bras
- “They have 2 underwire ones that go up to a K cup. I’m a 38 HH. They cover everything.” – Danielle K.
- “Panache Women’s Underwire sports bra with the J-hook at the back. I’m size 36GG & it’s PERFECT. Very comfortable & no pain when bouncing.” – Akua S.
Our readers love VS sports bras with the zipper in the front, which go up to a DD cup.
- “I wear Victoria Secrets VSX sport. I used it when I had breast surgery. My doctor loved it and recommends it now to her patients. I’m a 36D. It has multi-directional support and wide straps. – Chantelle T.
- “I love the front closure Knock Out by Victoria’s Secret. It zips and has extra support!” – Kimberly S.
- “My favorite sports bras are all Victoria’s Secret sports bras, especially the front zip style!” – Vanessa S.
- “Victoria Secret front zip closure is the best. Get them for under $30 during the annual sale. I’m a size 36DD.” – Lashon M.
Their sports bras go up an H cup. “LIVI Active’s max support sport bra features zoned fabric that keeps bounce to a minimum so you can keep kicking serious butt. Molded underwire cups provide full-coverage support, with wide, padded convertible straps for extra comfort (and ways to wear). Sheer mesh insets and back band keep the air flowing. Adjustable straps and bra back closure.”
- “I get mine from Lane Bryant, because I’m heavier up top. I love them because they lift and support.” – Beni J.
- “I go to Lane Bryant and I LOVE their sports bras. They are a little pricey, but if u have a wide back and big boobs, like I do, it’s worth it. I can finally do jumping jacks without hitting myself in the face, Lol.” – Kimmy M
- “I got mine from Lane Bryant. Kinda pricey, but certainly worth it for the bigger chested ladies like myself. 38H” – Monique M.
- “I bought one from lane Bryant about 2 years ago. It’s awesome sauce, albeit a little expensive.” – Moonya H.
Honorable Mentions – These bras weren’t mentioned as frequently, but they got good reviews.
“I have some Ahhh bras that I didn’t like after I got them. I now wear them every day to the gym. I have tendinitis in my right shoulder and they don’t pull on my shoulder when I work out. Regular bras do. They have enough support for me.” – Treena B.
“It’s hard for the heavily top endowed… And expensive. I use Wacoal sports underwire bra style #855170. I get it from Macy’s.” – Lisa B.
“Under Armour sports bras work best for me, as I’m a DD. They are so comfortable! “- Dani C.