Broccoli, spinach, kale, celery, arugula, or wheatgrass in your smoothie? A lot of people assume that the taste will be terrible when they see a green smoothie for the first time. When you give it a try, you find that the fruit and other flavors overwhelm the greens most of the time. Green smoothies are not only delicious, but very good for our health in terms of allowing the body to easily assimilate a variety of nutrients and vitamins at the same time. Here are 7 benefits of drinking green smoothies.
- NO artificial ingredients
- Easy to digest. The cell walls of the fruits and veggies are ruptured by blending so the body can absorb them.
- Green smoothies are fiber rich and good for your digestion. This is why so many of you ladies are experiencing better bowel health.
- They taste good, so you want to drink them…unlike some other diet drinks.
- The sugar in green smoothies is natural sugar, not fake sugars like processed white sugar, corn syrup or artificial sweeteners.
- If you have an allergy to dairy or gluten you can still do fruit and veggie smoothies.
- The body can detox and cleanse it’s self because you are eating food with high levels of fiber, high water content, and low processed chemicals.
Add some green to your smoothies today. The easiest way is to buy baby spinach or kale and add a handful of two to your smoothie. Using bananas or blueberries is the easiest way to mask any of the taste, but for the most part any sweet fruit will do the job.
Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes
- 1 cup washed spinach
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup decaf green tea
Green Coco Mango – makes 2 servings
- 2 cups ripe mango chunks (frozen works too)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut water
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
Green Berry Tofu – Great source of veggie protein
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 handfuls of spinach or kale (washed)
- 1 cup of water