My fiance can really cook and I’m a very, very picky eater. That can drive him crazy at times, I’m sure. I made Pesto Shrimp and Snow Peas with Quinoa and Whole Grain Brown Rice for him a few months after we joined households and he loved it. Now he makes this recipe for me all the time and it’s pure love. The dish is light yet savory. Full of protein and fiber as well.
1 bag of Seeds Of Change Uyuni Quinoa & Whole Grain Brown Rice, 8.5 oz
1 1/3 cup water
1 tbls. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb large peeled shrimp
3 cups snow peas (about 8 ounces)
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
2 tbls. lemon juice
1) The Quinoa and Brown Rice comes in a microwavable bag so that’s easy. Prepare as instructed in bag. Put to the side to cool down a bit before opening.
2) Heat oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat while quinoa cooks.
3) Add garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
4) Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until just pink, about 3 minutes.
5) Stir in snow peas and cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer.
6) Add pesto and lemon juice and cook until warmed and shrimp is done, about 1 minute from now.
7) As long as your shrimp is fully cooked you are now ready to pour the mixture in the pan over some quinoa and rice. Each serving is about a cup of quinoa and rice and a cup of the pesto sautéed mixture, but it’s up to you and your taste.