Transformation of the Day: Rebecca lost 95 pounds with healthy eating habits and exercise. She started her journey almost a year ago after a health scare. Knowing that her son’s graduation and her 45th birthday would both happen in 2020, she wanted to look and feel her best for both occasions.
What was your motivation?
My motivation came from 3 different areas.
1. I had a health scare in June 2019. I was the heaviest I’ve ever been. The doctor told me to change what I was doing, or I would have to be on insulin for the rest of my life. When they ran the test for diabetes, I was right under the cusp of being diagnosed. I knew at that moment that I had to change my lifestyle.
2. My son is a senior in high school and will be graduating in May 2020. I didn’t want to look back at graduation pictures, years from now, and absolutely hate the image of myself at 330 pounds.
3. I also realized that I would be 45 in October 2020. I wanted to set a health goal and a goal size to look and feel my best at 45 years old.
Those were my motivators! Health, self-love, and personal goals.
What inspired you when you wanted to give up?
It was knowing that I have a goal that had to be met. I want to feel my absolute best. I saw a picture of myself and made sure I never looked like that ever again.
How did you change your eating habits?
I stopped eating at fast food places and started cooking more. I learned out to meal prep. I also stopped buying junk food and increased my intake of fruits and veggies.
I cut out cheese, bread, pasta, and all sweets (this was the hardest part). I also cut out soda, sports drinks, liquor/wine, and fried foods. There wasn’t a special diet that I followed. I just researched what foods caused inflammation and what foods to avoid when trying to lose weight.
I spoke with a wellness coach and a nutritionist about my weight goal and my blood type to find out what foods/meals I should consume. I eat six times a day, three meals and three snacks. I also attempt to drink a gallon of water daily.
What did your workout routine consist of? How often did you workout?
I wake up at 4 am daily and work out for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I have a Fitbit, so I keep track of my steps and make sure I hit 10k steps a day. Mon and Wednesday’s I go to a workout class.
What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?
My starting weight was 330 pounds, and my current weight is 235 pounds.
What is your height?
5’3.5″ (Give me my half, lol)
When did you start your journey?
Is weight loss surgery part of your journey?
NO, no surgery. Just a ton of really hard work
What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned?
I’ve learned that through discipline, determination, and TON of willpower, my goals can be accomplished. It’s not easy, but it can be done! Keep a food chart and a food diary; record what you eat daily. Having an accountability partner is essential! Incorporating prayer and meditation is a must. It’s not an overnight event but a journey.
What advice do you have for people who want to lose weight?
- STAY FOCUSED and surround yourself with like-minded people.
- Change your eating habits. Realize it’s a LIFESTYLE change and not just a spur of the moment fad diet. It’s an actual transformation. Stick with it and realize that there are going to be some tough days.
- Make sure you have your weight loss plan written down, as well as monthly goals you would like to attempt.