Help YOURSELF! There are tons of free websites out there with detailed weight loss info, like Sparkpeople.com, Myfitnesspal.com, and MayoClinic.com. There are thousands of books on losing weight. There is an amazing amount of information out there that can help you to lose weight if you want to. Here are the top 5 problems I see:
- People feel overwhelmed by starting the process and knowing what to do so they never start.
- People don’t want to do the work and do the research for themselves. They want someone else to give them a plan that works for them.
- People don’t want to try a plan unless they think it will work. When it doesn’t work the are discouraged and feel like failures. (Not every plan works for everyone or they may not be able to stick with the plan)
- People want quick results.
- People are unaware of their medical problems or don’t face the fact that their medical issues are hindering their weight loss (thus weight loss may be slower for them).
- Don’t look for quick results.
- Realize that your weight loss journey will be unique to you. You may not get the results that someone else gets doing the same thing.
- Any effort you make to improve your health is worth trying. Small changes can add up long term.
- Do your research and come up with a plan that works for you. You need a healthy plan that creates weight loss results that you can maintain over time. Strive for permanent weight loss, not quick results that you will gain right back. You won’t know what works if you never try.
You don’t have to weight for someone else to show you the way. Start helping yourself today.