This Challenge is no longer available. Shout out to all of our participants!
“Change Your Mind, Change Your Life.”
We’ve all heard this saying, but how does it figure into weight loss? Your mindset, your state of mind, is extremely important when it comes to achieving lasting success. Cravings, motivation, desire to workout…it’s all tied to your thought life.
The goal of this month’s challenge is to get you thinking past just food and exercise. You have to adopt the right mindset to be successful. The fun starts on January 7th.
2017 is right around the corner. This is the time of year when everyone is focused on re-starting their diets, cutting out junk food and hitting the gym. The issue is that we often just jump on latest or most popular bandwagon of choice; challenges, diet plans and boot camps, etc. We do this without first doing the work: The work of figuring out what factors and habits got us to where we are and what our real, long term goals are. That work requires that we take the time to investigate our existing thought patterns so that we can create new ones.
New thoughts, New Habits, New Lifestyle.
There are so many aspects of our thought life, habits and overall mindset that affect our ability to commit to a new, healthy lifestyle. Along with cleaning up our fridges, we must clean up our minds.
How Do You Join Us? – Leave a comment below and let us know you are on board for this challenge!
- Take Action Daily – You’ll have a daily task to focus on (list and printable calendar below). January 7th – 27th, 2017
- Visit our Facebook Page Daily. We will post additional links and resources that correspond with each day’s focus/action.
- For this challenge is a journal/notebook and a piece of poster board for a vision board. You may also want some post-it notes to post reminders in your home, office, etc.
- Share your 21 day journey with the world via social media. Connect with other BWLW sisters on our Facebook page.
Along with the daily tasks, we suggest you embrace these habits…
- Replace criticism with self-care and self-awareness – Vow to stop beating yourself up about the way you look or what you eat for the full 21 Days.
- Commit to working out for at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week. – Do what works for you, from walking to high intensity interval training.
- Commit to limiting junk food or fast food to just one day a week. – Take the time to list the foods that you need to cut back on/cut out. We are talking about the unhealthy foods and drinks that are hindering your progress. (candy, cake, fast food, fried food, foods that are high in sugar, etc.)