Ladies, we got a Tweet from Trainer Chris Powell last night!! I tweeted him earlier to say we are chatting live on Facebook about the newest episode of ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. YAY! Last night’s episode dealt with the weight loss journey of Alyssa, a 22 year old who was dealing with the trauma of her mother’s death and an eating disorder.
@blackweightloss Hope you're enjoying the show! Thanks for tuning in!
— Chris Powell (@RealChrisPowell) August 7, 2013
It was a very emotional episode indeed. Here is what some of the BWLW Ladies had to say:
- Kristi: I love Chris! He is so motivational and deals with the emotional bondage. I love his approach…it’s healing.
- W. Nicole: They should add some counseling into the show. Between the traumatic life events sometimes and the dramatic life change im sure it would be very useful
- Tonya: Wish I had a daily trainer gratis!
- Andrea: Glad that they are taking her disorder seriously and taking the pressure off of her meeting a number goal.
- Shanna: A common thread in this show and for many people is the connection between weight and trauma.
If you haven’t already, make sure you follow us on Twitter: @blackweightloss
Didn’t see the episode? Here’s the video from Hulu…