Since we are not eating out during our March Challenge I wanted to give you some breakfast options. No donuts, no egg McMuffins, no fancy coffee drinks? Yes, I’m sure you are looking for some tasty yet healthy breakfast options. Here are some ideas I suggest:
- Lean ham, Canadian bacon and other lean meats – Add them to omelets and breakfast burritos.
- Egg whites
- Peanut butter
- Protein bars – check the ingredient list to find ones without a lot of chemicals/processing
- Make your own protein bars – There are some great recipes online
- Cottage Cheese
- Dark Leafy Greens – Add them to your egg scramble or your green smoothie. They are full of protein
- Lentils, Black Beans and other beans – Beans can be added to scrambles or wraps. They can also be made in to patties or eaten traditionally in a soup. You can have soup for breakfast…food is food.
- Plain greek yogurt with fruit or honey
Fiber rich foods
- Whole-grain cereal – I love Crackling Oat Bran.
- 100% whole wheat bread
- Quinoa – Have this grain with fruit and yogurt. You can also have it with eggs or your choice of lean protein.
- Add ground flaxseed to your juice or smoothies to make them more filling.
- Of course you can have fresh fruits or veggies of all kinds.
- Make whole-grain waffles, pancakes, or muffins and freeze them. You can make them through the week.
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas from the Food Network
- 10 Healthy Breakfast Recipes from Women’s Health
- 7 Day Healthy Breakfast Meal Plan
- 9 Simple Quick Breakfast Ideas from Real Simple Magazine
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes: Quick and Easy Grab-and-Go
- Breakfast Recipes to Beat Weight Gain
- 27 Ideas for for a Healthier Breakfast