This month I’m sharing a tip each day about how you can save money while losing weight. Here is today’s tip: Weight Loss on a Budget Tip #19: Use the Crockpot.
How can a Crockpot save you money? When you are cooking your own meals and using healthy recipes to stay on course with your weight loss goals, slow cooking has a number of benefits:
- Saving time, because time is money. You can put your ingredients in the pot and spend time doing other things (like exercising).
- You can buy cheaper cuts of lean meat because slow cooking will tenderize them. You can also use affordable things like turkey legs or neck bones for flavor.
- Slow cookers and Crock Pots are cheap to buy (around $30) and use less electricity than a stove.
- Save money by making large recipes and then freezing or storing the leftovers. No need to buy a meal when you have a great one in the fridge.
The other reason you should embrace using a Crockpot or slow cooker is variety. There are hundreds of healthy slow cooker recipes you can try that have a lot of flavor, so that you never get bored.
Here is a sample of some of the great recipes out there:
- Low Calorie Slow Cooker Recipes from EatingWell.com
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes from Fitness Magazine
- Crockpot 365 – A year of slow cooking recipes
- Healthy Recipes from Prevention Magazine
- Low Fat Slow Cooking recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes from SparkPeople
Comment Via Facebook