Eating right on the go is one of the difficult parts about eating clean. Almost all of the most common, most convenient foods are not going to fit in with the protocol, especially your new focus on simple, whole ingredients and food combinations. Fast food and junk food won’t cut it.
For this reason, advance planning is a must. Always make sure that you have clean, whole foods on hand so that when hunger hits, you can easily turn to these snacks to get satisfaction and maintain your energy. You may even want to invest in an insulated lunch bag to store your food.
Here are 40 great suggestions for healthy, portable snacks that are clean eating friendly.
- 2 Cups of fresh strawberries
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Baby carrots with hummus
- Regular or frozen grapes
- No Bake Workout Bars
- Green smoothie – Freeze overnight in a wide mouth container to make it more portable.
- Pop-top cans of tuna
- Pineapple chunks
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Celery and hummus
- Small container of cottage cheese – Eat with a drizzle of honey or fresh fruit on top
- Coconut Orange Date Balls
- Dried fruit with no sugar or sulfur added
- Homemade Fruit Roll-ups
- Plain greek yogurt with fresh berries
- Protein powder. Pick a powder that is free of GMO, added sugar, etc. You can add water or nut milk for a quick protein drink on the go. You may also want to invest in a blender bottle.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Snack Bars
- Rice cake with almond butter
- Air popped popcorn
- Hard boiled eggs
- Cubed watermelon
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Apple slices
- Orange slices
- Clean Eating Protein Donuts
- Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber slices with salt and pepper
- Homemade Apple Chips
- Homemade Kale Chips
- Natural apple sauce (no sugar added)
- Apple and Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Sliced mango
- Low-sodium, grass fed beef jerky – You can also make it at home.
This is just a sample of all the healthy snacks you could have. Take some time and search on Pinterest for more snack ideas.
Snacking while you’re on the go is one area where extra, empty calories can easily sneak in. Make an investment in yourself and take the time to prep and pack snacks to take on the go. You are worth the extra effort.