We know that there is a lot going on this month, so this month’s goal is super simple – Commit to being active for 21 days during the month of December! Your choice of exercise: Walking, running, weight training, HIIT, Zumba, etc.
Main Goal: 5 Days of Exercise and 2 Active Rest Days Each Week – December 1-21, 2020
- Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes per workout.
- Active Rest Days: On your rest days, take 15-20 minutes to stretch, do yoga, do pilates, or take a relaxing walk. Do something physical, but relaxing.
- Work at your own pace, but challenge yourself to work hard as well.
- Stay hydrated: Drink at least 64 oz of water each day. (If you drink much more than that or much less due to medical limitations (due to kidney issues or other ailments), that’s fine. Do what works for you.
- Do what works for YOU: Work out more than 5 days a week if that is your usual routine. If you can only work out for 2-3 days a week, commit to that. You know your level of fitness. We don’t want anyone to hurt themselves or risk injury just to reach the “5 Days a Week” goal. Again, it’s very important that you chose a goal and a workout routine that fits your current level of fitness.
Check-in Every Day and Stay Accountable: Visit our Facebook page or Instagram account every evening and leave a comment to join the daily check-in, Dec 1 thru Dec 21st. The post will appear at 6:30pm. (If you work out in the evening, check-in after you’ve completed your workout.)
Want to avoid holiday weight gain? Cut back on junk food, soda, processed foods, sugary foods, etc., and eat more whole foods. You’ll have a better chance of seeing results on the scale and you may have more energy during your walks. If you’d like to learn more about Clean Eating, read our helpful E-Book, “Clean Eating for Wellness and Weight Loss“.
How can you join us? No signup required.
1. Print out the Tracking Calendar (PDF file).
2. Check in Nightly on Facebook or Instagram for accountability!
3. Share your Exercise Selfies with the challenge hashtag
Use the Challenge Hashtag #BWLWDec when you post workout selfies.
Leave a comment below and tell us why you are joining the challenge.
Disclaimer: Before starting any exercise program, please consult with your doctor. We cannot be held responsible for any injuries resulting from attempting this exercise routine. If you have injuries that could be worsened, are pregnant, have knee issues, or are suffering neck and back pain, you should speak with a professional trainer about what workouts would be best for you. Do not attempt if you have current injuries, past surgeries or other physical issues/health issues that could be affected by exercise. Don’t forget to stretch before and after working out to avoid injuries. If you feel pain or severe discomfort, stop.