Hey Ladies, Our November Challenge is very straight forward!!! It’s a 3 part challenge that will get you on track to start facing the temptations of this year’s holiday season. Thanksgiving and office holiday parties are on the horizon.
How can you join? – If you would like to join us, leave a comment below with your email address and tell us what parts of the challenge you are committing to.
Part #1 – Our Photo Accountability Continues! #BWLWNOV
#BWLWOCT – Also, let us know in your comment what social media account you will use for the photo accountability part of the challenge with this month’s hashtag, #bwlwnov. We had SO much fun and saw so much participation with the October #bwlwoct hashtag that we are going to do it again! Let’s follow each other and connect. Do the Work and Show us the Proof.
What kinds of photos should you post? We do this to keep ourselves accountable for the ACTIONS required to reach our goals.
Part #2 – I’ve created a Squats and Lunges Workout for November. Download and print the plan today.
Disclaimer: Before starting any exercise program, diet or new way of eating, please consult with your doctor. We cannot be held responsible for any injuries resulting from attempting this exercise routine. This program is not advised for persons with serious illnesses (i.e. diabetes, cancer), those who are pregnant or those with knee problems/past leg or abdominal injuries. Use at your own risk and please consider your fitness level before attempting this plan.
Part #3 – We are going to try slow carb eating this month. It’s a form of carb cycling that doesn’t reqire calorie counting (but you can track your calories if you like to make sure you are in the range you want). I got the idea for this plan from Tim Ferris’s “4 Hour Body”. We are going to modify it a bit (there is no fruit or dairy in his plan). I don’t think the original plan is truly realistic…that’s why we are modifiying it and adding foods.
- Focus on eating a lean protein paired with vegetables and/or beans for your main daily meals. Eat at least 3-4 meals a day.
- Don’t let more than 4 hours go by without a meal between 7 am and 8pm.
- Eat 1-2 healthy snacks between meals, like baby carrots, greek yogurt, nuts green smoothies, or fresh fruit.
- No “white” carbs – white bread, white rice, white sugar (processed sugar).
- Eat the same meals repeatedly – If it works and it’s healthy be willing to eat the same meals.
- Don’t drink your calories. Drink water and unsweetened drinks.
- Optional Cheat Day: Take off one day a week and have one serious cheat meal and one cheat snack (instead of a whole cheat day). Eat and drink whatever you want…in moderation…on this day. The goal is to enjoy but not overindulge and go crazy.
List of suggested foods that will make up your main meals: (Learn How to create your Slow Carb Meal Plan)
lean ground beef
veggie protein sources
black eyed peas
|Vegetables of all kinds, including|
IF you don’t want to follow this way of eating, I encourage you to have a No Junk November.
A Note about eating at restaurants: A lot of people have asked about what they should do if they have to at a place that serves junk food. I know that many people will want to eat out, so when I’m asked that question I suggest that you have something similar to what you could make at home. (A salad. A simply cooked piece of salmon or chicken with only veggies. The diet menu at Subway with no chips, no mayo, etc.) We all have to be adults, thus we have to be able to avoid temptation or make the healthiest choice possible. If you go out to dinner with your friends, co-workers, etc. You can still eat healthy and not junky.