4. The importance of protein in your weight loss plan. Even if you are a vegetarian, you must find ways to have adaqute protein in your diet, and you should not eliminate it at all together. The best way to get protein is by eating lean meats, low fat dairy and nuts, but if you are a vegetarian, focus more on nuts, meat substitutes, leafy greens and certain beans. Why is protein so important? For bodybuilders and those who are trying to lose weight, protein can help you keep your muscles, regulate blood sugar, improve your overall fitness, and help to increase and maintain your metabolism.
5. Role of carbs in a diet. Like we mentioned above, carbohydrates are a macronutrient and are a huge part of helping maintain vital bodily functions. Bodybuilders will eat them to help maintain metabolism and energy. The role of carbohydrates is that it helps to give you energy for all of your bodily functions. Many people that try low-carb or no-carb diets believe that the body will use fat to do the same thing. While this is true to a point, it only happens if you are actually doing exercise as you should be and eating in a way that doesn’t lead your body to breakdown muscle for energy. Otherwise, your body burns off what “food” is available, your energy levels will be down and you just crave carbs more. Carbs also help with digestion in terms of fiber.
6. The role of supplements. There are a number of supplements that bodybuilders will use to help burn off fat and to help with maintaining their muscle. Many of the “right” supplements are natural, and do actually have proven effects. Here is a short list of the supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc) that are most commonly used to help with weight loss and/or fat burning.
- Calcium and fiber (usually in conjunction with each other)
- Conjugated linoleum acid (CLA), commonly found in meat and dairy products.
- Omega-3 oils
- Green tea extract
- Foods and/or shakes that replace meals but give equal nutrients.
These aren’t even the only things that we can learn from our body-building cohorts. If you are interested in weight loss, fat loss and building muscle, go online and look into what bodybuilders are doing. You may find a lot of info on various things that you may want to consider on your own journey.
Comment Via Facebook