It is day 8 of our Holiday Slim Down Challenge for November. Don’t forget to check in on our online community and Facebook page to let us know how you are doing. I thought I’d provide some helpful tips to keep you going for week 2 of the challenge.
- Make sure that you take advantage of the free 4 week meal plans (with recipes and shopping lists) available on our blog.
- Drink lots of water between meals. It will help you to feel full.
- If you crave chocolate, you could need more magnesium in your diet, especially during menstruation. Consider eating more fruits, nuts or taking a supplement.
- Craving fried foods? You might need more healthy fats and/or calcium. Try to get more calcium from things like low fat cheese, dark veggies and greek yogurt. Also, consider an omega 3 oil supplement and eating more fish.
- Throw it out!! As much as you can (I know it can be hard with kids), throw out every food that you know you should NOT be eating. Only you truly know what is on that list. Be REAL with yourself. Once you’ve thrown out the bad stuff…commit yourself to not buying it again.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store for at least 70% of what you buy. You’ll find more fresh foods and less processed foods (some of that food on the shelves is there for months).
- Drink green smoothies instead of commercial juice and soda. They are a great source of fiber and vitamins.
- Don’t eat when you are sad, depressed, mad, or bored. Emotional eating is the source of so many unwanted calories. Don’t medicate your emotions with food.
These tips are just simple suggestions, but if you put them to good use they can really help you reach your goals.
Also, Check out our Veterans Day Sale: Get 20% off Everything in our store thru Nov 12th. Visit blackweightlosssuccess.spreadshirt.com/. Use the Coupon Code at Checkout: EARLY20