Hey Ladies!!! It’s time for our October Challenge. We will begin on OCT 1, 2012 with 3 goals – Meatless, Clean Eating, 5 hours of exercise each WEEK.
I hope you consider all of the goals, but ultimately it’s up to you what you chose to do. If you only want to do 2 out of the 3 for example, that’s fine. If you want to eat fish, that works too. The goal of our monthly challenges is that Black Women Losing Weight members try new positive habits that can enhance their weight loss efforts. You are committing to these lifestyle changes for a whole month!
Determination is KEY!! I will post resources and links daily on our Facebook page, online community, and here on the blog to help you stay on track.
What do I have to do to participate?
- Decide what parts of the Challenge you want to commit to. – Meatless Eating, Clean Eating, 5 hours of Exercise EACH Week.
- Each Saturday you will check-in and give a status of how the week has gone within our online community, www.blackwomenlosingweight.com. You can do this as a blog post or status message on your profile page. You can also post to our Facebook page to let your BWLW sisters know how the Challenge is going for you. This is how keep each other accountable and encouraged. You will also be able to discuss the challenge every monday night during our LIVE weight loss support chats.
October Challenge Goals – This is what you are committing to!
- We are going MEATLESS for 31 days – That means no fish, no chicken, no pork, no beef, no bison…no flesh foods. If it has a mom, we aren’t eating it. In essence we are going vegetarian for 31 days. You will need to consider how you can cook more and plan your meals. I will provide a number of resources for you daily via Facebook and here on our blog.I suggest that you take a B12 supplement or B-Complex supplement at least 3 times per week while going meatless. Most multivitamins have B12 in them as well.If you are wanting to continue our September Smoothie Challenge for another month, please do so as part of the meatless goal. Oh, Eggs are optional. It’s up to you.
- We are committing to CLEAN EATING for 31 days – What is clean eating? When you eat clean you will be eating unprocessed, whole foods that are cooked in ways that don’t add a lot of extra chemicals and toxins. We are talking fruits, vegetables, tofu, soy, whole grains, lots of water, healthy dairy, fresh juice, and lean meats.We will be working to avoid fried food, white flour, artificial ingredients, soda, commercial juice and sugary drinks, processed sugar (white sugar, corn syrup), foods with preservatives and extra chemicals, saturated fat, and trans fat.
- We are committing to WORKING OUT FOR 5 HOURS EACH WEEK – You can work out at home with DVDs. You can work out in the gym. You can walk at work or in your neighborhood. It’s up to you. Running, yoga, weight lifting, walking, jumping rope, pilates, spin class, zumba…the choices abound. The goal is that you commit to 5 hours of exercise each week.
Challenge Resources – Here are a few links to get you started.
- Going Vegetarian: Plain, Simple And Sane
- PETA’s Vegan and Vegetarian Starter Kit
- Why Go Vegetarian? | Vegetarian Times
- Vegan Soul Food Recipe Roundup
- Vegetarian Soul Food Recipes
- Hundreds of Free Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes
- Clean Eating 101
- Livestrong: Clean Eating: 5 Simple Steps
- www.eatcleandiet.com – The Eat Clean Diet Books are great if you want a plan that lays everything out for you.
- www.cleaneatingmag.com – Great source of recipes
- Gracious Pantry: What is Clean Eating?
- Clean Eating Recipes from CookingLight Magazine
- Clean Eating Lifestyle – Examples of what daily eating looks like and shopping lists.
- 10 Step Strategy for Eating Clean from BodyBuilding.com
Exercise: Free Workout Videos Online