Adult weight loss camps and weight loss resorts are designed to give overweight adults all the tools they need to transform their life and adopt a healthy lifestyle. Typically, adults sign up for a certain number of days or weeks, pack their bags, and call the resort home for the duration of their treatment. You may be familiar with the Biggest Loser resorts, like the one in Utah, or Pritikin Longevity Center in Florida. Camps normally employ nutrition experts, personal trainers, counselors, and nurses in an effort to create a well-balanced program that puts campers on the path to sustained weight loss and weight management.
5 Benefits of Weight Loss Resorts
Although not everyone is successful at a weight loss camp, these camps have helped countless individuals realize their weight loss goals. Since many require a controlled environment in order to establish healthy habits and make a positive lifestyle change, weight loss camps have proved to be invaluable.
- Helps you establish realistic goals. Many people set unrealistic expectations of themselves, causing them to give up too early when they don’t get the results they expect. Experts at a weight loss camp will help you set realistic goals according to your body type, lifestyle, and eating habits.
- Promotes healthy weight loss. With so many fad diets out there and contradictory information, it can be difficult to figure out the healthiest way to lose weight. When you attend a weight loss camp, you have a host of experts including physical trainers and nutritionists at your disposal. They will help you dispel the hype and establish a healthy weight loss regimen.
- Gives you a head start on a healthy lifestyle. It can be difficult to make a lifestyle change through sheer willpower. Residing at a resort for a few weeks allows you to adopt a new lifestyle in a controlled atmosphere. You won’t have to worry about backsliding, the counselors won’t let you.
- Addresses emotional triggers. Many times, overeating and binging are caused by underlying emotional triggers. If not addressed, these triggers will continue to wreak havoc on your weight loss attempts. Not only do camp counselors help you with your eating issues, they help you overcome emotional issues as well. When you uncover emotional triggers and learn how to counteract them, you will be much more successful with your weight loss endeavors.
- Educates you about nutrition. Nutrition experts will not only educate you about nutrition, they will help you establish a realistic meal plan and give you the information you need to continue making wise food choices in the future.
Adult weight loss camps pose many benefits for those who wish to jump start their weight loss efforts. However, they can be expensive, which is why many people decide to forgo the experience. Although weight loss camps are not cheap, the information you get from attending camp can prove to be invaluable. In addition to helping you establish a healthy lifestyle, a weight loss camp will provide you with the necessary tools you need to continue to make wise, healthy decisions regarding your weight, diet, and activity level.
Here is a list of weight loss resorts from the Travel Channel.