Black Women Losing Weight member and Holistic Health Coach, Coach P shared these 10 healthy tips to help working women to stay healthy with me an I thought I’d pass them on to the group.
1. Try one new fruit, bean, or veggie once a week to add to your lunchtime salad. You can make a salad a thousand different ways.
2. When you prepare healthy foods at home for you and your family, make extra so you have tomorrow’s lunch or a couple days of workplace meals that consist of good foods.
3. Shop at some of the natural food delis/shops, if available to your near work, for freshly-made foods. Many of the major natural food stores such as Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Wild Oats, and Fresh Fields have great things you can add to your healthy diet — fresh juices, wholesome sandwiches, salads, baked proteins, tofu dishes, good roasted veggies, and exotic grains (quinoa 7couscous). This is a good second choice if you cannot make the time to cook yourself.
4. Keep a food diary. It may seem like a chore, but writing down everything you eat, even for only one week, along with your feelings at that time, may shed light on your at work eating habits.
5. Get a food buddy at work. Chances are you’re not the only person struggling with all of the temptations office life throws at you. Having an accountability partner always helps.
6. Suggest an office-wide fitness challenge at your job
7. Pay attention to the ergonomics at your workstation. Position your chairs and supplies comfortably, to keep stress on your body to a minimum.
8. Drink an adequate amount of water. Eight to 10 glasses every day can help keep you hydrated. Many foods are also good sources of water; fruits like oranges, grapefruit, grapes, watermelon and apples can help keep you healthy and hydrated.
9.If you don’t mind taking supplements, consider taking a Vitamin C supplement (75 mg, 85 mg for pregnant women and 120 for nursing moms) for overall health benefits.
10. Think positive. “The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.” ~Dennis S. Brown
Coach P is a Holistic Coach and Nutrition Expert from New Jersey. She is WEGO Health, Health Activist and a member of The American Nutrition Association. Coach P is the founder of the holistic health and wellness, lifestyle brand Herbalosophy101. “Healthy living isn’t about perfection. It’s all about accurate balance; besides, I appreciate cheat days.” – Coach P. Connect with her on Twitter @coachpcare and www.herbalosophy101.com.