Update: We featured Charli‘s story back in Dec 2019 when she lost 68 pounds. She wrote in to share that she kept the momentum going, and she’s lost 90 pounds total. She found success with intermittent fasting, boxing, running, and by adopting a mostly plant-based diet.
Starting weight: 287 pounds
Current weight: 197 pounds
I am down now 90 pounds from my original weight loss of 68 pounds. I am now one year and seven months into my transformation.
What has been your motivation?
I am having so much fun discovering my body. I get to see “all “of me. This is an experience I’ve never had before. I get up in the morning and run. I want to be able to say that for the rest of my life. This will not stop.
What have you done in terms of your eating habits to continue making progress?
I am still a daily intermittent faster. I eat after 5 pm. I do cardio in a fasted state and always break my fast with fruit. I still eat an apple a day, and during this pandemic, that has kept the doctor away. I am 80% plant-based (the other 20% we don’t talk about it, lol). I only allow that other 20% to be a snack or small meal.
What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned so far?
Don’t wait for daily results (pound checking). Add those workouts into your “body bank” daily. It will all add up to the body of wealth you want. Please trust me. Don’t take away. Add more to yourself and life.
What advice would you like to share with women who want to lose weight?
Consider your exercise time your special “me” time. It’s a time to think, learn something new, and, most importantly, a time to yourself love. I chose boxing to protect myself and deal with stress. That led me to jump roping, and I still run. It’s is impossible to be bored when you are learning skills that can work for you.