What is the biggest pit fall that ladies tell me about again and again? Getting off course with their eating habits. My grandmother always said, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”. Willpower is a wonderful thing, but temptation if a fact of life. Planning your meals for the day, just 24 hours in advance or more, can really help you stay on track.
I know there are a lot of gurus and sites out there that charge a lot of money for meal plans. Not everyone can afford that so, let me share some great free resources with you.
*List updated in March 2018*
- BWLW’s 4 Week Free Meal Plans – We have a Clean Eating Plan and Vegetarian Plan.
- BWLW’s 3 Day Meatless Meal Plan
- SkinnyTaste’s Weekly Meal Plans
- Eating Well’s 7 Day Souping Meal Plan
- Good Housekeeping’s 7 Day, 1200 Calorie Meal Plan
- The Nourishing Home’s Whole30 Meal Plans
- Today Show: 7 Day Low Carb Meal Plan
- Shape Magazine: Keto Diet Meal Plan for Beginners
- Coach Calorie’s Ultimate Healthy Weight Loss 4 Week Meal Plan
- Buzz Feed’s Clean Eating Challenge 2 Week Meal Plan
- Muscle and Fitness’s 14 Day Clean Eating Plan
- Clean Program’s Clean Eating Meal Plan (printable)
- SkinnyMS’s 7 Day Busy Woman’s Clean Eating Meal Plan
- iBreathe I’m Hungry’s Keto – Low Carb Meal Plans
- Diet Doctor’s 14 Day Keto Meal Plan
- Cooking Light’s 31 Day Healthy Meal Plan
- Paleo Grubs’ 14 Day Meal Plan
- Paleo Leap’s 14 Day Meal Plan
- The Paleo Mom’s Weekly Meal Plan on a Budget (4 weeks)
- Diet vs Disease’s 7 Day Low FODMAP Diet Plan
- Daily Burn’s Carb Cycling Meal Plan
- Life as a Mom’s Family Friendly Printable Meal Plans and Grocery Lists
- ChooseVeg’s 7 Day Meal Plan
- KetoApp’s 2 Week Vegetarian Keto Meal Plan
- PETA’s 2 Week Vegan Meal Plan
- Swole.me is a great free site where you can put together your own custom meal plan from some very simple options and food combinations. Calories and nutrient counts are provided as well.
- Clean Eating Magazine has a large collection of free meal plans on their site. Lots of variety.
- Low Carb Day of Eating – There are great articles all over the web like this one from PopSugar with recipes for one day of healthy eating. Seek them out for recipes and options.
- Myfooddiary.com has some great sample plans from 1500 to 2200 calories a day
- Eating Well Magazine has a great collection of plans including a 7 day, 1200 a day plan with recipes.
- BOOKS: There are also a ton of books with detailed meal plans and recipes that you can get for 25 bucks or less.
My point is that if you are willing to put in some time to search online, you are sure to find plans and recipes to help you put together a way of eating that helps you lose as well as delights your taste buds. No excuses.
Determine how far in advance you want plan – Whether plan your meals 1 day in advance or 5, it is up to you. You can plan for eating out by checking nutrition information online ahead of time.
Package and Freeze – You can cook and refrigerate things like lean proteins, rice and steamed veggies in advance. Cut up veggies and prep fruit in sandwich bags or cup size containers for snacking. You can also cook whole meals to grab and go, it’s just a matter of how you package and freeze them to last.
Make a Shopping List to go with your plan – Make your plan before shopping at the store so that you don’t buy foods that you shouldn’t have. You will ensure that you have all the healthy food you need on hand at home.
Track Your Calories and Marco-nutrients – You can be sure of how many calories and nutrients you’re eating if you combine meal planning with tracking your foods on an app like My Fitness Pal or Lose it. Don’t know how much you should be eating? Here’s more info on how to figure out how much food you should be eating to support weight loss.