Tranformation of the Day: Rikke lost 61 pounds. This single mom of 4 was tired of being tired and tried of not liking what she saw in the mirrow. She used My Fitness Pal to guide her eating habits, stayed in a calorie deficit and worked out 6 days a week. Check out her journey.
I started my weight loss journey on 11/25/2016. I have lost 61 pounds so far and gained lots of lean muscles. I started my weight loss journey page on the same date and that has helped me with accountability.
I was tired of looking in the mirror and not liking what i saw. I was tired me being tired all the time. Today, I look and feel so much better and I never want to feel the way I felt when I was morbidly obese ever again.
How did you change your eating habits?
I used an app called My Fitness Pal to help me log all my calories and workouts. I ate in a calorie deficit and worked out 6 days a week. I still have treat meals sometimes and that’s the best part. You don’t have to give up the high calorie foods you love. You can have a treat meal and just get right back on track after. No one got fat from eating one donut, just like no one got skinny from eating one salad. Moderation is the key.
I cut out fast food and high calorie drinks. I went for water and zero calorie drinks instead. I filled up on lean meats, fruits and veggies. The healthy foods I eat include; Grilled chicken, lean steak, mushrooms, salads, low calories sweet treats, lower calorie breads, low fat waffles, egg whites and turkey bacon. Basically I just watch my calories and try to choose foods that are high in nutrition.
What did your workout routine look like?
I did lots of strength training and cardio. I would usually spend 60-90 minutes in the gym. Going to Overtime Fitness became a lifestyle that I loved. I find myself excited to go to the gym. Workouts have become my me time, because I’m a single mother of 4 kids, I work and I’m also in school.
What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?
My starting weight was 210 pounds and my current weight is 149 pounds. I’m 5’4″.
How did you stay motivated?
My journey page helped keep me motivated because people were telling me that I was giving them motivation, and I didn’t want to let them down. When I started seeing results, that also motivated me.
What are the biggest lessons you’ve learned so far?
- Quick fixes don’t work for lifestyle changes. I’ve also learned my body doesn’t need detox drinks because my liver and kidneys detox my body naturally.
- Body wraps and diet pills will not help you lose fat.
- You must eat less calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight to lose fat.
- Strength training is so important for building lean muscles. This will help your body burn more calories while at rest.
- Losing weight takes time. You can’t stop just because the scale isn’t going down. You have to work hard day in and day out. You have to make healthier choices with food. Consistency will get you where want to be.
- If you mess up just get right back on track ASAP. You have to keep going. The more patience you are the more likely you are to win.