Weight Loss Transformation of the Day: Quovella lost 71 pounds. Motivated by loss of her dear sister and learning that she was borderline diabetic, she decided that it was time for a change. Here is what she shared with us about her weight release journey…
What was your motivation?
Several situations motivated me:
1. The death of my sister was so devastating I needed to do something positive with my time to release my mind from the pain and depression that I was feeling and going through due to her passing away. My sister and I discussed me losing weight while she was alive, so I’d waited long enough. I decided it was time to do it. No more procrastinating.
2. I went to the doctor and he told me that I was on the borderline diabetic and to get on the scale. It read 300 lbs. I said it is time for me to do something about this state I’m in.
3. I also witnessed several of my friends pass away from heart attacks and strokes, and to be honest I feared that it would be me if I didn’t lose the weight soon.
I inspired me by believing I can do all things with the help and strength of God. I was determine to LIVE!!
I also was inspired to do it naturally and discipline myself to say no to food or eating it in moderation.
How did you change your eating habits?
My eating habits were changed to smaller portions and I prepared my meals everyday. I made healthier meals, making sure to get lots of veggies and protein. My intake of water increased as well. So that I won’t be hungry, I prepared 4 small healthy meals daily and ate every 4 hours. I also carried healthy snacks along with me such, as almonds and fruit.
- Stopped eating after 6pm. If I was hungry, I ate fruit or yogurt.
- Stopped eating FAST FOOD. If I did go out to eat, I paid close attention to the low calories meals and that’s what I ordered.
- Stopped eating fried food, sweets and starches such as potatoes. I also stopped eating white bread and rice (major NO’S).
- I started eating more salads and veggies everyday.
What did your workout routine look like?
My workout routine consisted of starting off in the beginning of everyday with cardio for at least 30 minutes. I gradually moved to 45 minutes and then 1 hour, doing 2miles daily.
What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?
My starting weight was 300lbs. My current weight is 229 lbs. My height is 5’2″.
How long did it your transformation take?
My transformation took 1 year and a half.
What advice do I have for others that want to lose weight?
My advice: Don’t put it off let any longer. Your tomorrow starts today. Stay focused, ignore negativity and stay consistent with a made up mind. Be determined and don’t give up, even when you don’t see immediate results. It’s a process. If you fall off a day or two, don’t get discouraged. Just get back on track. DO IT FOR YOU AND BELIEVE YOU CAN. KEEP PUSHING EVEN AFTER YOU REACH YOUR GOAL.