Transformation of the Day: Lela lost 20 pounds in 60 days, going from a size 14 to a size 10. She used walking for exercise and embraced clean eating habits to get results. Check out her story. Her journey should serve as inspiration for those who are just starting this journey.
What a difference 60 days can make. I’ve gone from a size 14 pants (pushing a 16) and X-large shirts to a size Medium shirts and size 10 pants. I’m on the verge of a wearing a size 8. I started this journey on April 17, 2017. I weighed 177 pounds at 5’5″ I currently weigh 157 pounds.
I did this with no personal trainer, no waist trainer, no diet trends… nothing! Just clean eating (very clean) and a lot of hard work in my backyard! It’s very true what they say, “You are what you eat.” If you pour good things into your body, that’s what you will get back. Clear skin, lots of energy, hair growth, a healthy glow and overall you’ll just feel GOOD. I also want to mention that I pray and laugh a whole bunch.
Motivation: I have type 2 diabetes. I was sick and tired of being tired all the time and taking pills that have been controlling my body for years. That’s my motivation and why I got started.
Exercise: Monday thru Saturday, I walk 5-6 miles each day. I also do 200 squats, lunges or crunches per day. (rotating to a different exercise each day) I start boxing and weight training next week.
Here are some of the things I did to change my eating and drinking habits;
- I don’t eat after 6pm, ever.
- I only drink WATER.
- I am very funny about my food. I will NOT eat anything from a fast food place and I always check the nutrition labels on everything. I have a cheat day every Sunday or Saturday, but I’m particular about what I eat on those days too.
- I never skip breakfast. I eat egg whites turkey bacon or steel cut oatmeal with honey everyday. I drink one cup of warm lemon water every morning.
- I eat a salad EVERYDAY for lunch with very light dressing most of the time. I use lemon juice as a dressing.
- For protein, I eat fish, shrimp and chicken (sometimes). I also love crabs! Everything has to be grilled or baked.
- I eat a ton of veggies that are steamed or raw. Cabbage, spinach, broccoli and fresh green beans are some of my favorites. Nothing is out of a can.
- I have one smoothie a day that I make myself with fresh fruit.
- I eat a lot of fruit. Pineapples, watermelon and strawberries are my fav.
- I snack on cashews and almonds
- I cook everything in olive oil with no salt and seasoned with Mrs Dash.
- No rice, no bread, no cakes or little Debbie’s. (it’s all processed and nasty)
My Instagram page is full of all things healthy. You can follow me @lelad_b. I hope that sharing my story helps someone who is trying to get that healthy body. If I can do it and I know you can too! The body achieves what the mind believes! I’m striving for greatness, one day at a time.